Sunday, September 12, 2010

[2010.abad.032] Ria.Vanden.Eynde (Belgium)


[2010.abad.032] Ria.Vanden.Eynde (Belgium)
Photograph of a Monoprint, 10 by 10 inches.

After the thyroidectomy, when I was put on Levothyroxine to replace my thyroid hormone, I remember wondering if I would still be me on this little white daily pill, seeing that it's such an essential key hormone. As if she sensed my unvoiced concern, the doctor explained that my body would not be able to notice that the hormone was available from another source (digestion) than the thyroid....I thought, but I'll know...I wondered if I'd lose my colors, so to speak, if my personality would change, if my base mood (calm, dark maybe, prone to depression and serious) would be different...Four years later, my colors are more vibrant than ever, my base mood is (generally) up, my character hasn't changed per se...so I'm wondering now if my darker take on life before was perhaps cancer related. And maybe now I'm more me than I ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment